Cristo Rey De La Salle Alpha Summer Institute July 9th-27th
Graduates of the Alpha Summer Institute will be prepared to enter Cristo Rey De La Salle in the fall, as well as to perform at a high level in their Corporate Partner job placements. The Corporate Work Study Program Summer Training Business Camp is a three week intensive academic and job training program for developing students’ talents and focusing their professional ambitions.
Using personalized learning as our instructional model, our students work at their own pace, with instructors and mentors available to support and guide them. Our students will be prepared for college and far beyond.
Developing students’ social emotional skills, grit, and growth mindset will provide a toolkit for them to forge a self-authored path for their individual academic, professional, and social success and well-being.
- Understand the mission, values, and purpose of Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay HS
- Be able to deliver a 90-second “elevator pitch” on CRDLS and the
- Corporate Work Study Program
- Show proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate mastery of office etiquette
- Demonstrate mastery of basic arithmetic, fractions, and percentages
- Demonstrate ability to greet guests
- Demonstrate professional phone manner
- Ability to tie a necktie
- Visit a college campus
- Visit a major corporation’s office
- Spend an overnight team-building session with classmates
- Meet a variety of mentors across industries / walks of life
- Be exposed to a wide range of extracurricular activities: arts, culture, music, social, sports, technology, etc.
- Draft a long-term academic / life plan