Ms. Castello, Director of Wholeness, recently facilitated a parent workshop on “Talking With Your Teen” and engaged parents in a lively and useful discussion on ways to communicate and create a better relationship with their teen. We received a lot of positive feedback from parents and parents also shared new things they learned that they are committed to doing which included:
- Avoiding power struggles and making efforts to be more consistent with rules
- Becoming an active listener, talking with them not at them
- Placing themselves in their teen’s shoes and seeing things from their point of view before giving advice
- Being more consistent with setting limits and boundaries and then following through with the appropriate consequence
- Becoming more patient with my teen and listening more before making any decisions
We look forward to partnering with our parents and hosting educational workshops like this in the future.