Position Announcement Beginning August 2023
Our Mission and Unique Approach
Cristo Rey De La Salle is a diverse Lasallian Catholic college preparatory high school. As part of the Cristo Rey Network, the largest national network of Catholic schools, our mission is to serve first generation students by providing a high quality college preparatory education, supporting our students into and through college with an intentional focus on the social, emotional, and physical well being of our students.
Located in the beautiful Fruitvale neighborhood of Oakland, surrounded by a rich Black and Latino history, informed by a centuries-old Lasallian Charism, CRDLS is looking to hire a cohort of teachers to prepare trail-blazing first-gen students as the school expands!
As an independent private school, students aren’t placed at CRDLS; they choose us! We offer a near-zero tuition, college preparatory, student-centered instructional program. Faculty and staff are the backbone of the school and the development of relationships are foundational to the success of each student. Through our personalized mentorship program, mastery- and project-based curriculum, and corporate work study program experience, our mission is to prepare our students to lead lives of faith, purpose and service who will succeed in college and beyond.
Our school has quadrupled in size since its inception in 2018! For the 2023-2024 school year, we are seeking exceptional teachers to support our students and growing school community (student body of 350).
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking dynamic growth-minded individuals committed not only to our mission, but equity and inclusion who reflect and / or celebrate our rich cultural diversity. Our teachers support and embrace the seven essential characteristics of an educator at CRDLS and cultivate a culture of collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, and resilience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Models the Lasallian Core Principles and promotes a growth mindset and high standards for all students
● Mentors a class of students through their journey at CRDLS, building strong relationships
● Demonstrates content area mastery and backwards designs unit lessons
● Collaborates within departments and in grade level teams to ensure student-centered learning and success
● Differentiates instruction and curriculum to engage and serve all students
● Uses technology to enhance student learning
● Promotes personalized learning, mastery based, project based learning and fosters intellectual curiosity
● Designs and implements formative and summative assessments that serve as a baseline to inform instruction and feedback
● Provides on-going, timely feedback to promote student growth, critical thinking and deep understanding
● Works collaboratively with the instructional coaching program to reflect, set goals and continue to grow in the use of researched based instructional practices
● Continues to grow professionally and collaborate with colleagues through conferences, professional development opportunities and Faculty meetings
● Analyzes departmental and school data to inform and improve instruction
● Paricipates in the school’s religious and spiritual programs, including faculty and staff retreats
We support our staff by providing
– Protected time for professional development and instructional coaching
– Small class sizes (~22)
– Partnerships with educational institutions for discounted credential and masters in education
– 403(b) with matching; Health, vision and dental benefits
Required Skills and Qualifications
● A Bachelor’s Degree related to field
● Valid CA Teaching Credential (or a commitment to complete one)
● Minimum two-year experience working as a high school or middle school teacher
● Knowledge of personalized learning
● Commitment to DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging)
● Proficiency in using technology in the classroom to enhance student learning
● Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm, openness, and dedication to being a lifelong learner
● Exhibit interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community
Placement on Salary Scale is based on education and experience. Salary ranges from $66,700 – 100,000.
If you would like to be considered for a faculty position at Cristo Rey De La Salle, please submit a PDF document of your resume and cover letter with 3 professional references and 1 personal reference to firstname.lastname@example.org