Recruitment & Enrollment Coordinator
Job Title: Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator
Employment status: Full-time exempt; in-person
Reports to: Director of Recruitment and Enrollment
Location: On-campus and fieldwork
Located in the heart of Oakland’s historic Fruitvale district at the Saint Elizabeth Campus, Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School (CRDLS) is a diverse, Lasallian Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. A rigorous and personalized college preparatory curriculum integrated with a corporate work study experience prepares students to succeed in college and in life. CRDLS is one of 39 high schools across the country associated with the Cristo Rey Network. The Network began more than 25 years ago with an education / work study model that has proven to be universally successful. Working at CRDLS is UNLIKE working in a traditional high school environment. As an independent private school, students aren’t placed at CRDLS; they choose us! Faculty and staff are the backbone of the school and the development of relationships are foundational to the success of each student. The success of the program was recently demonstrated by the acceptance to four-year colleges by 100% of the inaugural graduating Class of 2022.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a dynamic growth-minded individual committed to our mission, equity and inclusion, and who reflects and celebrates our rich cultural diversity. Though we do not all work in a classroom, in a Lasallian school, all faculty and staff are considered educators and active role models for our students, please check out our seven essential characteristics of an educator at CRDLS.
The Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator collaborates directly with prospective students, parents, faculty, area schools and community organizations and plays the crucial role of recruiting, admitting, and enrolling new and transfer students.
As the critical point of contact for many students, parents and community members, the position requires both a commitment to the Cristo Rey mission and a passion for expanding our unique program to underserved students and an ability to build community and develop and manage relationships with local schools, organizations, churches, and community leaders.
The position supports the daily operations of the Recruitment and Enrollment Department and the planning and development of all recruiting and admissions-related matters.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Understand, model, embrace and implement the school’s mission and philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues, and administration
● Assist families through the application process including emails, phone calls, messaging, and in coordination with feeder school contacts
● Counsel and guide families through the financial aid application process
● Collaborate with the Director of Recruitment and Enrollment to develop marketing strategies, especially the design of promotional materials and social media content
● Support the organization of family admissions interviews
● Guide families through the registration process and ensure all documents are collected and accurate
● Act as a liaison between freshman and academic leadership and counseling team regarding students who need extra support
● Act as a liaison between feeder schools, community organizations, and CRDLS
● Provide logistical and planning support for all admissions events including but not limited to: Mustang Visit Days, Informational Sessions, Open House, Welcome Day, Orientation, and more
● Provide superior customer service by maintaining timely communication in Spanish and English with prospective students and their families
● Maintain admissions database to create and support an efficient recruitment and enrollment process
● Attend and participate in Cristo Rey Network programs and professional development as directed by the Director
Required Skills and Qualifications
● Bachelor’s Degree required
● Ability to work in a faith-based organization
● At least 2 years in recruitment, enrollment services, non-profit management, marketing, education, student services, or related fields
● Highly collaborative, dynamic team player with the ability to foster a large number of professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders
● Proven commitment and ability to serve and connect on a personal level with the diverse and dynamic students and families, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders that comprise the CRDLS community
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; bilingual preferred
● Ability and flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial school environment
● A deep belief that all students deserve excellent, Catholic, college preparatory education
Conditions of Employment
This position is an exempt, full-time, onsite position
● Must pass background checks for working in a school setting
● Must hold a valid driver’s license and have a reliable personal vehicle
● Some nights and weekends required
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as 403(b) with matching and health, vision, and dental benefits
If you would like to be considered for a position at Cristo Rey De La Salle, please submit a PDF document of your resume and cover letter with 3 professional references and 1 personal reference to email@example.com.