Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School St. Elizabeth Campus is seeking a Director of Mission Advancement for its Lasallian Catholic, co-educational, secondary school to open in the summer of 2018 on the campus formerly home to Saint Elizabeth High School. The school is sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, District of San Francisco New Orleans.
Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School (in the heart of Oakland’s historic Fruitvale district on the St. Elizabeth Campus) partners with East Bay families of limited means to provide their students a unique opportunity to receive a holistic education and become students in service of others. Through a rigorous curriculum built around personalized learning, professional work experience, and the centuries old Lasallian tradition of providing transformational education to those most in need, Cristo Rey De La Salle students graduate prepared to thrive in college and compete in a rapidly developing world.
The school will use the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) modeled after the successful programs at 32 Cristo Rey Network schools. All students are required to complete a college preparatory curriculum and participate in the Work Study Program. Under the Corporate Work Study Program, each student is employed five days per month by a local business or community agency to provide tuition assistance and complement the school’s on-site curricular program. The school is currently participating in the Replication Process of the Cristo Rey Network.
Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School, St. Elizabeth Campus, is a diverse, Lasallian Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. A rigorous and personalized college preparatory curriculum integrated with a corporate work study experience prepares students to succeed in college and in life.
The Director of the Development must be a motivated, experienced professional able to create, direct and successfully grow a comprehensive fund development program in support of an $3-4 million contributed revenue need within 2 years. The Director will build and supervise a development team responsible for stewardship of individual, corporate and foundation gifts, major donor cultivation and stewardship, fund raising events, and marketing and communications. The Director must demonstrate a strong skillset to develop and manage a variety of projects from visioning to implementation to data management and continuous improvement. The Director is a member of the school’s leadership team and works collaboratively with the school to meet the objectives of the school and work program. This position reports to the Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School President.
An ideal candidate for Director of Development will have 10 or more years of experience in fundraising or a related field. In addition, this candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred. The candidate must possess and model strong leadership skills, desire collaborative team management, be committed to understanding and embracing the cultural backgrounds of students and families, possess both excellent written and oral communication skills, and have experience as a supervisor of personnel with budgetary responsibility. We seek a person of faith who believes in the transformative power of education.
The Director of Development is responsible for
(1) Directing a comprehensive fund development program in support of a $3-4 million annual fund need
(2) Stewarding relationships with individual, corporate, and foundation donors
(3) Executing a series of fundraising & marketing events in support of the mission
(4) Implementing a comprehensive communications strategy to achieve fundraising and mission goals
(5) Supervising and supporting a team of staff and volunteers.
(6) Ad hoc projects assigned by the President.
Oversee the functions of the Development Office, including developing, monitoring and assessing the annual Development Plan that includes measurable objectives, deadlines, and strategies for implementation
- Build and manage a team of direct reports responsible for gift processing, database management, grant writing and reporting, event management, print and online media, providing appropriate mentoring, management and evaluation
- Oversee the successful implementation of the fundraising events, annual golf outing, hosted receptions, and other cultivation, stewardship, and awareness building events throughout the year
- Oversee accurate gift entry and reporting, timely implementation of the Stewardship Plan/Protocol and a sustained effective social media presence that is in alignment with the Annual Development Plan
- Collaborate with and support the President in the cultivation and stewardship the individual donors and St. Elizabeth High School Alumni/ae
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process, including providing detailed reports
- Manage the Development Department’s budget including contributed revenue forecast
- Deepen formation with the De La Salle Christian Brothers
- Participate in Alumni, Professional Development and school activities as requested
- Attend fundraising workshops and conferences for professional growth
• Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s preferred)
• At least ten years of fundraising experience include budget and personnel management
• Passionate commitment to alleviating poverty in underserved communities through access to quality education and workforce development
• Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed fundraising targets
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with diverse constituencies,
• Proven success in managing and maintaining collegial and professional relationships
• Analytic and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in computer and online software technology including fundraising databases and social media
Skills and Abilities
• Flexible with strong time-management skills
• Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks on time
• Ability to work independently, prioritize workflow, and plan
• Close attention to detail
• Strong leadership and collaboration abilities
• Ability to thrive in an environment of teamwork, change and growth
- • Requires some long hours working at the computer
• Some overnight workshops and conferences, and some evening and weekend responsibilities
• Ability to lift 30 pounds
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary with full benefits.
Application: Interviews will begin promptly and will continue until the position is filled.
Please email résumé, letter of intent demonstrating qualifications for the position as per full job description, three references with complete contact information, and brief description of your philanthropic philosophy to:
Matthew Powell Interim President, Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School
Telephone: (510) 513-3184 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org