Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School (in the heart of Oakland’s historic Fruitvale district on the St. Elizabeth Campus) partners with East Bay families of limited means to provide their students a unique opportunity to receive a holistic education and become students in service of others. Through a rigorous curriculum built around personalized learning, professional work experience, and the centuries old Lasallian tradition of providing education to those most in need, Cristo Rey De La Salle students graduate prepared to thrive in college and compete in a rapidly developing world.
The school will use the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) modeled after the successful programs at 35+ Cristo Rey Network schools. All students are required to complete a college preparatory curriculum and participate in the Corporate Work Study Program. Each student is employed five days per month by a local business, non-profit, or government agency to provide tuition assistance and complement the school’s on-site curricular program.
The school includes a subsidiary employment agency which trains the students for entry-level employment, hires them, and markets their services to corporate clients. Typically, four students share one full-time position throughout the academic year. The fees for the students’ services go directly to the school to pay a significant portion of the cost of education.
Mission: Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School, St. Elizabeth Campus, is a diverse, Lasallian Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. A rigorous and personalized college preparatory curriculum integrated with a corporate work study experience prepares students to succeed in college and in life.
Purpose: Under the supervision of the Vice President of the Corporate Work Study Program, the Business Development Manager is responsible for directly increasing client acquisition, new FTEs and revenue for Cristo Rey De La Salle’s Corporate Work Study Program. You will source, drive, and build new relationships with strategic partners. Additionally, you will identify, negotiate and present the Corporate Work Study Program to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with all partners. As the Business Development Manager, you will work directly with the CRDLS Leadership Team members in delivering a clear and credible vision for the CWSP sales team. You will understand customer relationships and provide insight to achieve strategic goals and maximize revenues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- ● Plan, organize and manage all business development to achieve growth and visibility
- ● Meet and exceed sales revenue goals contributing to the overall Cristo Rey De La Salle annual revenue goal
- ● Create a network of genuine relationships with corporate executives
- ● Increase brand awareness by setting up appointments and going on sales calls in Oakland and the surrounding Bay Area and Scheduling and facilitating site visit on and off the CRDLS campus
- ● Hunt and secure new business
- ● Participate in regular/daily prospecting activities including but not limited to calls, emails, networking and social media
- ● Attend regular virtual or in-person networking events to engage potential clients to educate them on CRDLS Corporate Work Study Program
- ● Act as the service expert on all CRDLS Corporate Work Study Program services
- ● Work diligently and efficiently in Salesforce to ensure internal sales procedures are followed
- ● Track all leads, opportunities and client activities (calls and emails) in Salesforce
Position Available: Business Development Manager — Corporate Work Study Program
- ● Ensure all contacts are attached to won opportunities and ensure they are updated in our Google Drive database
- ● Work with the Relationship Manager to make use of online marketing tools to generate targeted lead generation
- ● Oversee billing deadlines for all signed contracts by informing the accounting department
- ● Email all signed contracts to VP of Corporate Work Study Program for countersigning by President
- ● Ensure the completion of the sales operation life cycle including but not limited to final payments,
onboarding, and smooth transition to operations
- ● In collaboration with the CWSP Business Instructor, support the Cristo Rey De La Salle Alpha
Summer Institute which is a summer bridge program for incoming 9th graders designed to prepare
students for a college preparatory curriculum and to succeed in the workplace
- ● Other duties as assigned by the VP of Corporate Work Study Program
- ● Intuitive to client & partners’ needs
- ● Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build & maintain relationships
- ● Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience and a strong background in customer service or 10 years of solid sales experience
- ● Familiarity with CRM and/or Salesforce or willingness to learn
- ● Ability to work well with others and lead a team
- ● Ability to gather, hunt and close new business quickly
- ● Must be self-motivated, flexible and able to manage several jobs at one time
- ● Commitment to the Lasallian Catholic mission of Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School St. Elizabeth Campus
- ● Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
Commencement: Salary/Benefits: Application:
Immediate or June 2021
Competitive salary with full benefits plus commission. Review of applications to begin April 12, 2021
Please email résumé, letter of intent demonstrating qualifications for the position as per full job description, three references with complete contact information, and a brief description of your professional philosophy to:
Associate Director, Corporate Work Study Program