Position Announcement: Business Development Manager
Mission: Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School, St. Elizabeth Campus, is a diverse, Lasallian Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. A rigorous and personalized college preparatory curriculum integrated with a corporate work study experience prepares students to succeed in college and in life.
Position Title: Business Development Manager
Employment Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reports to: Vice President Corporate Work Study Program
Supervises: No direct reports
Salary: $60,000 p/year
Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/403b/Group Life Insurance/LTD Insurance/generous plans for vacation, sick leave and holidays
Applications accepted until position is filled
Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School, St. Elizabeth Campus, located in the heart of Oakland’s historic Fruitvale district, is a Lasallian Catholic high school. The school partners with East Bay families of limited means to provide their students with a unique opportunity to engage in a rigorous college preparatory curriculum built around personalized learning. Cristo Rey De La Salle students graduate prepared to thrive in college and compete in a rapidly developing world. Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School is one of 38 Cristo Rey schools affiliated with a national Network.
Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School uses the Corporate Work Study Program modeled after the successful programs at the 38 Cristo Rey Network schools across the country. All students are required to complete a college preparatory curriculum and participate in the Corporate Work Study Program. Each student is employed five days per month by a local business, non-profit, or government agency to provide tuition assistance and complement the school’s on-site curricular program.
The Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) is an employment agency, subsidiary to the school, which trains and ‘hires’ students for entry-level employment. The CWSP markets student services to corporate clients. Typically, four students share one full-time position over the course of the academic year. Compensation for student services goes directly to the school to cover a significant portion of the cost of the student’s education.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Vice President of the Corporate Work Study Program, the Business Development Manager is responsible for acquiring corporate partners where students are placed for employment. The Business Development Manager will identify new corporate partner prospects, present the Corporate Work Study Program, negotiate contract terms, secure contracts, and maintain corporate partner relationships throughout the contract term with the goal of renewing the contract. The Business Development Manager will understand customer relations and provide insight to achieve goals and maximize revenues.
● Implement the CWSP business development plan with the goal of achieving growth and visibility
● Prospect and secure new business
● Meet and strive to exceed sales revenue
● Create a network of genuine relationships with corporate executives
● Work with the CWSP team to use conventional and online marketing tools to generate leads
● Arrange and conduct sales calls in Oakland and the surrounding Bay Area
● Schedule and lead site visits on the school campus and corporate partner locations
● Participate in regular/daily prospecting activities including but not limited to calls, emails, networking and social media
● Attend virtual and in-person networking events to engage potential clients to educate them on the Corporate Work Study Program
● Act as a service expert for all CRDLS Corporate Work Study Program services
● Ensure the completion of the sales operation life cycle including finalizing contracts, arranging payments , onboarding clients, and ensuring a smooth transition to operations
● Maintain Salesforce client relationship database per CWSP business rules
● Support the school’s Alpha Summer Institute which is a summer bridge program for incoming 9th graders designed to prepare students for a college preparatory curriculum and to succeed in the workplace
● Other duties as assigned
● Commitment to the Lasallian Catholic mission of Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School
● Bachelor’s degree
● Preferred 2 years relevant experience
● A strong personal drive and demonstrated ability to prospect and close business quickly
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
● Must be self-motivated, flexible, and skilled at managing multiple tasks
● Preferred: Familiarity with CRM and/or Salesforce
● Occasional evening/weekend work
If you are interested in applying, please email the following to JZakrzewski@cristoreydelasalle.org
● Cover letter
● Three references with complete contact information
Thank you for your interest in Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School.